Definition of tyrannulet in English:
A small tropical American bird of the tyrant flycatcher family, typically with drab grayish or greenish plumage.
- Family Tyrannidae: several genera and many species
- In all most-parsimonious trees, an elevated trabecular plate is homologous in all genera of ‘tyrannulets’ and allies.
- Furthermore, Straneck's treatment of an Argentine tyrannulet taxon as referable to S. griseiceps and the resulting revalidation of S. griseiceps are not confirmed.
- The most popular sulphuric body part is the belly, with bulbuls, flycatchers, tyrannulets, tyrant-manakins, warblers, and whistlers all so named.
Definition of tyrannulet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.