1An open sore on an external or internal surface of the body, caused by a break in the skin or mucous membrane that fails to heal.
More example sentences
- A common form of mouth ulcer, canker sores occur in women more often than in men.
- Painful skin ulcers with gangrenous margins may be a feature of mixed bacterial infections.
- Along with the external ulcer, the internal arterial lesion must be treated.
late Middle English: from Latin ulcus, ulcer-.
- More example sentences
- She has had an ulcered leg now for over 6 months.
- The existing leg became pink with blood flow, no longer ulcered, no longer had ischemic pain and was saved from amputation.
- Some of the targeted functions are cushioning, energy absorption, stiffness, adaptation to the foot sole, filling out empty spaces within the shoe and pressure relieve on the ulcered area.