- Relating to or denoting a gland in the neck that in many lower vertebrates regulates the calcium level in the body.More example sentences
- The fourth pharyngeal pouch endoderm gives rise to superior parathyroid glands and the ultimobranchial body.
- Intrathyroidal lymphoepithelial cysts are benign lesions that are strongly associated with chronic inflammatory conditions of the thyroid, and which are probably derived from ultimobranchial body remnants.
- However, most of the cells which formed the cluster in the ultimobranchial body of snake were positive.
More definitions of ultimobranchialDefinition of ultimobranchial in:
- The British & World English dictionary