Filtration using a medium fine enough to retain colloidal particles, viruses, or large molecules.
More example sentences
- The procedure for the isolation of PHU from freshly collected male urine included filtration, ultrafiltration and reverse-phase chromatography.
- The procedure for the preparation of CDA-II from male urine includes filtration, ultrafiltration and reverse-phase chromatography.
- The ultrafiltration molecular weight separation transforms the product into 50 percent protein, allowing smaller molecular weight particles like minerals and lactose to pass through a screen while the protein is retained.
- More example sentences
- Posner's proof of this result in his 1960 paper was rather unclear, and a clearer proof was given by S. Amitsur in 1967 using ultrafilters, a concept borrowed from logic.
- Then S is an isomorphism onto a BA of subsets of the set X of all ultrafilters on A.
- The first method involved centrifuging an aqueous albumin sample at 5000 g for 2 h through a Centricon - 10 ultrafilter (Amicon, Beverly, MA, USA).
Pronunciation: /ˈəltrəˌfiltər/noun& verb
Definition of ultrafiltration in:
- The British & World English dictionary