Definition of ultrafiltration in English:
Filtration using a medium fine enough to retain colloidal particles, viruses, or large molecules.
- The procedure for the isolation of PHU from freshly collected male urine included filtration, ultrafiltration and reverse-phase chromatography.
- The procedure for the preparation of CDA-II from male urine includes filtration, ultrafiltration and reverse-phase chromatography.
- The ultrafiltration molecular weight separation transforms the product into 50 percent protein, allowing smaller molecular weight particles like minerals and lactose to pass through a screen while the protein is retained.
- Example sentences
- Posner's proof of this result in his 1960 paper was rather unclear, and a clearer proof was given by S. Amitsur in 1967 using ultrafilters, a concept borrowed from logic.
- Then S is an isomorphism onto a BA of subsets of the set X of all ultrafilters on A.
- The first method involved centrifuging an aqueous albumin sample at 5000 g for 2 h through a Centricon - 10 ultrafilter (Amicon, Beverly, MA, USA).
Pronunciation: /ˈəltrəˌfiltər/noun& verb
Definition of ultrafiltration in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan