Definition of ultraism in English:
The holding of extreme opinions.
- In Spain this poetic school was called ‘ultraism’ in recognition of its overseas origin and also of its ultimate directions.
- By the late 1820s, rising public indignation in the North, called by some ‘ultraism, ‘strengthened antislavery sentiments.’
- And, as do many manifestos, ultraism embraced many other writers prior to the naming of this movement.
- ultraist noun
- Example sentences
- Despite popular opinion, the ultraists and young members of the Generation of '27 were late in arriving.
- Leroy Garrett treats those who believe in baptism as the ultraists by claiming that Alexander Campbell taught salvation by faith only.
- By this time, the ultraists, lead by Jorge Luis Borges, had become a major force the scene, and Girondo continued his own humorous exploration of the aesthetic in his second volume, Decals.
Definition of ultraism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.