Of or involving sound waves with a frequency above the upper limit of human hearing.
- The team bombarded this liquid with sound waves tuned to ultrasonic frequencies that caused wide variations in pressure in the fluid.
- She successfully destroyed two dozen hostile ghosts with ultrasonic sound waves and laser grids.
- Others, like the tiger moth, hear the bat and emit a jamming signal in the ultrasonic frequency spectrum.
- Example sentences
- Instead, switches consisting of vials of water in which standing waves were excited ultrasonically were placed in the paths of the photons 1 and 2.
- The carbide/glass probe tip is ultrasonically actuated; measurement data are obtained by calculating the waveform changes that result from contact between the probe and the walls of the hole.
- The sample mounts were ultrasonically cleaned, dried, and coated with 250 Angstroms of carbon under a vacuum of 1 x [10.sup.5] tort.
Words that rhyme with ultrasonicanachronic, animatronic, bionic, Brythonic, bubonic, Byronic, canonic, carbonic, catatonic, chalcedonic, chronic, colonic, conic, cyclonic, daemonic, demonic, diatonic, draconic, electronic, embryonic, euphonic, harmonic, hegemonic, histrionic, homophonic, hypersonic, iconic, ionic, ironic, isotonic, laconic, macaronic, Masonic, Miltonic, mnemonic, monotonic, moronic, Napoleonic, philharmonic, phonic, Platonic, Plutonic, polyphonic, quadraphonic, sardonic, saxophonic, siphonic, Slavonic, sonic, stereophonic, subsonic, subtonic, symphonic, tectonic, Teutonic, thermionic, tonic, transonic
Definition of ultrasonic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.