Definition of ultrasonography in English:
A technique using echoes of ultrasound pulses to delineate objects or areas of different density in the body.
- For each patient we compared the results of ultrasonography alone, ultrasonography with plain radiography, and intravenous urography.
- If the area is not palpable, diagnostic mammography and ultrasonography should be performed.
- They can be treated by percutaneous drainage guided by ultrasonography or computed tomography if the pancreatic injury was minor.
- Example sentences
- Multiple ultrasonographic examinations in late pregnancy have been reported to improve predictions but have significant costs.
- Physicians who are learning or reviewing ultrasonographic findings in the fetus will discover an array of beautifully detailed images demonstrating important anatomic points.
- The authors conclude that all four of the formulas currently used in clinical practice provide valid estimates of true birth weight when ultrasonographic measurements are taken at term.
Pronunciation: /əltrəˌsänəˈɡrafik/ /-ˌsōnə-/adjective
Definition of ultrasonography in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.