Definition of ultrasound in English:
1Sound or other vibrations having an ultrasonic frequency, particularly as used in medical imaging.
- Echocardiography is the study of the heart using high frequency sound waves or ultrasound.
- The big brother of ultrasound, infrasound means frequencies too low to be heard by the human ear.
- It has a video camera eye, and several ultrasound sensors which emit pulses of sound and can measure the distance from an object by the echo.
1.1An ultrasound scan, especially one of a pregnant woman to examine the fetus.
- ‘They have to have hormonal injections, come for ultrasounds, scans, blood tests - and honestly I can't see anybody doing it for free,’ says Tan.
- These tests may include blood tests, urinalysis and imaging studies, such as ultrasounds or angiography.
- Does she get yearly ultrasounds and blood tests to screen for ovarian cancer?
Words that rhyme with ultrasoundrunaround • turnaround
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.