1(Of two or more people) fully in agreement: the doctors were unanimous in their diagnoses
More example sentences
- The councillors were unanimous in their agreement that new hospital facilities were long overdue in the town.
- The judges were also unanimous in their concern that most of the sites made visitors work too hard.
- Councillors gave their unanimous support to the bill, although some were concerned the wording was not tight enough.
united, in agreement, in accord, of one mind, of the same mind, in harmony, concordant, undivided, as one
1.1(Of an opinion, decision, or vote) held or carried by everyone involved.
- If the vote was unanimous, where then did the minority disappear?
- The unanimous decision to reelect Sahal came after he emerged the sole candidate to qualify for the runoff.
- If found guilty by unanimous decision, the men will face execution.
uniform, consistent, united, concerted, congruent
Words that rhyme with unanimousanimus, equanimous, magnanimous, pusillanimous
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.