Not inviting or attractive; unwholesome.
More example sentences
- Mr Gray has previously called for supermarkets to stock more British fruit and he even branded French apples tasteless and unappetising.
- Love is the salt of life and without it, life would be tasteless and unappetising.
- First off, Goddard is much too old to be playing the mother of young children and Matthew Cottle makes a far from attractive Clive, so this illicit coupling is as unappetising as it is unconvincing.
- More example sentences
- Incidentally, the chard lasted all winter and, although the leaves looked unappetisingly tatty, it was good to have something interesting in the garden.
- The lucky recipient would then chew upon the remaining flesh of the fruit before it went completely and unappetisingly brown from contact with the air, like a dog gnawing a bone dropped from the master's table.
- The onions in the accompanying ‘onion jam’ however, had been more candied than caramelised which left them unappetisingly crunchy with all the colour of glue.