Definition of unbalanced in English:
1Not keeping or showing an even balance; not evenly distributed.
- The upside of this setup is that it can accept either balanced or unbalanced signal input.
- We then repeated the test crosses of the 42 putative EP suppressor strains to D502 and this time tested both the unbalanced and the balanced male progeny.
- Now if the fabric is a stripe, it could be what I call a balanced or an unbalanced repeat.
1.1(Of a person) emotionally or mentally disturbed.
- And as for the mentally unbalanced people that seem to be attracted to this site remember that hate is not a good thing.
- Is it wrong to not want mentally unbalanced people in your life?
- Some of those she took in were broken, homeless, mentally unbalanced people.
1.2(Of an account) not giving accurate, fair, or equal coverage to all aspects; partial: this may give an unbalanced impression of the competition
More example sentences
- Questions of media bias came to the fore as members of the Liberal party machine accused the ABC of unbalanced coverage.
- Opposition indigenous affairs spokesman Kim Carr said the government's policy was unfair, unbalanced and one-sided.
- On this day, of all days, they choose to spread their unfair, unbalanced message, a message that I think can only be fairly understood as expressing hostility to our great country.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan