Definition of unbending in English:
Strict and austere in one’s behavior or attitudes: they were unbending in their demands his unbending iron will
More example sentences
- One of these unbending attitudes is related to language.
- How do people develop such a ghastly attitude, such an unbending devotion to rules?
- Pyongyang's unbending attitude only makes it even more difficult to resolve the dispute through peaceful means.
- Example sentences
- Sheikh Hilal was unbendingly proud of his nomadic way of life.
- The Japanese malaise is self-inflicted; guided by spurious notions and doctrines Japanese politicians unbendingly and doggedly pursue baneful policies.
- Not even the unbendingly tolerant Swedes would put up with the primeministerial girlfriend being taken on state visits.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan