- 1Without having been commanded or invited: unbidden guestsMore example sentences
- The issue of race is an occasional unbidden guest at the dinner table in white America.
- If I didn't subscribe, I wouldn't buy this issue - as it was, it arrived unbidden, so I had to see it sitting on my coffee table without having been sufficiently prepped for the horror.
- Everywhere in the school, which from the earliest hours has been the headquarters of the search and rescue effort, there are piles of equipment, a superabundance of material that has arrived unbidden from all over America.
- 1.1(Especially of a thought or feeling) arising without conscious effort: unbidden tears came to his eyesMore example sentences
- Sufferers can find themselves having constant and unbidden thoughts they believe could cause disasters or cause harm to those around them.
- But sometimes, unbidden thoughts popped into her head.
- That is to say, she didn't like the fact that she thought of him from time to time, unbidden thoughts, very much beyond her control.