1(Of a person or their gaze or eyes) not blinking.
- The men stood staring at us with unblinking eyes.
- Washington, Lincoln, Jackson, and Franklin stared at her with unblinking eyes, un-changing faces, and green hair.
- It was laying on its front and looked as if its head had been resting in its folded arms before rising up enough to let one of its unblinking eyes stare at Kyri through strands of long red hair.
1.1(Of an assessment or account) direct, thorough, and honest: they have helped him paint an unblinking portrait of the man and the writer
More example sentences
- He exposes his characters to an unblinking scrutiny, probing their yearning, desire, and heart-break with eyes wide open.
- That empathy enables him to sing the most recent songs with an unblinking scrutiny that Cash casts on no one more than himself.
- It's an unblinking portrayal of a self-destructing relationship, and one which anchors much of the second half of the album.
- Example sentences
- I do not doubt that environmentalist and Islamic terrorists, given the opportunity, would unblinkingly unleash calamity on the scale of the worst nuclear war scenarios of a generation ago.
- While the film is unblinkingly brutal, with several sequences that border on the tragically absurd, Schickel doesn't see The Big Red One as an anti-war film.
- And just as Woyzeck culminates in murderous tragedy, so does Blood Money cast its gaze unblinkingly upon the darkest elements of human experience.
Words that rhyme with unblinkingfreethinking, shrinking, sinking, unthinking, unwinking
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of unblinking in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.