1Not bound or tied up: her hair was unbound figurative they were unbound by convention
More example sentences
- It's refreshing to watch a band so completely unbound by such conventions, and to know that the cultural tapestry that is New York has finally produced a band which reflects that.
- Each was also to imagine itself unbound by convention or costs, beats or bosses.
- It seems truly frustrating to be suspended between the rhetorical promises of two equally undesirable futures: one of unbound connectivity and file sharing, the other of nothing but commercial trademarks and legal binding.
1.1(Of printed sheets) not bound together.
- The most striking but by no means the only instances are the hole cut in a page of his novel Albert Angelo and the presentation, in The Unfortunates, of a box containing a bundle of unbound gatherings to be read in random order.
- A large sheaf of unbound A4 pages is messy and difficult to file.
- If you want to bind it I doubt any publisher/editor/slushpile reader would mind, nor will they object at all if it's unbound.
1.2(Of a book) not provided with a proper or permanent cover.
- ‘I have piles and piles of unbound books, and I just look at them and think, I'm never going to finish,’ he admits with a chuckle.
- In his will, Michele d' Alessio stipulated that any unbound volumes should be bound, and that each book should be annotated on its flyleaf with his name as donor.
- Cave Birds was first presented to the world in print in a limited edition of 125 unbound books published by the Scolar Press in 1975.
1.3 Chemistry & Physics Not held by a chemical bond, gravity, or other physical force: unbound electrons
More example sentences
- They detected fewer particles from the collisions than standard theory predicts, suggesting that a tiny blob of unbound quarks and gluons may have been created.
- Energetically, the fundamental limitation of these solvent-screened electrostatic potentials of the unbound molecule is that they ignore the important desolvation effects incurred upon binding.
- The concentration of unbound protein in the supernatant was determined spectrophotometrically at 410 nm.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan