- Straighten or cause to straighten from a coiled or curled position: [no object]: the rope uncoiled like a snake [with object]: she uncoiled her feather boaMore example sentences
- The great singing actress's face contorts in contradictory directions; the fingers claw palpable holes into the air; the body coils and uncoils; the legs are in overdrive.
- She coils and uncoils her long black hair as she speaks.
- The knot cannot be unravelled but can uncoil like a snake, start up like the brain-fever-bird that disturbs any chance of rest.
More definitions of uncoilDefinition of uncoil in:
- The British & World English dictionary