- 1Out of the ordinary; unusual: prostate cancer is not uncommon in men over 60 an uncommon nameMore example sentences
- And all four are very unusual and uncommon topics for discussion amongst friends.
- Such an ensemble was uncommon for ordinary ladies in the age, but Raven was far from ordinary.
- The case presented here represents an unusual presentation of an uncommon disease.
- 1.1 [attributive] Remarkably great (used for emphasis): an uncommon amount of noiseMore example sentences
- He does have an uncommon amount of common sense.
adverb[as submodifier] • archaic Back to top
- Remarkably: he was uncommon afraidMore example sentences
- I'm uncommon afraid of fire to-night.