Definition of uncultivated in English:
1(Of land) not used for growing crops.
- An appeal has gone out to farmers not to plough uncultivated land.
- The Earth's rice production must expand by about 1 percent annually to meet increasing demand, and almost no available uncultivated land is suited to intensive agriculture.
- Nest boxes were on strips of uncultivated land planted with young trees among three cultivated fields, adjacent to a wooded area with large trees.
1.1(Of a person) not highly educated or socially adept.
- Who was this uncultivated person to introduce such base objects to a serious discussion?
- ‘How can such an uncultivated man govern the country?’
- This book does a fair job of describing the loggers themselves, uncultivated men for whom an ancient tree is nothing more than a potential fee.
Words that rhyme with uncultivatedantiquated
Definition of uncultivated in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan