- 1(Of land) not used for growing crops.More example sentences
- An appeal has gone out to farmers not to plough uncultivated land.
- The Earth's rice production must expand by about 1 percent annually to meet increasing demand, and almost no available uncultivated land is suited to intensive agriculture.
- Nest boxes were on strips of uncultivated land planted with young trees among three cultivated fields, adjacent to a wooded area with large trees.
- 1.1(Of a person) not highly educated or socially adept.More example sentences
- Who was this uncultivated person to introduce such base objects to a serious discussion?
- ‘How can such an uncultivated man govern the country?’
- This book does a fair job of describing the loggers themselves, uncultivated men for whom an ancient tree is nothing more than a potential fee.
More definitions of uncultivatedDefinition of uncultivated in:
- The British & World English dictionary