Definition of underarm in English:
another term for underhand (sense 2).
- And it wasn't some nice, looping, underarm throw that would have guaranteed the bottle would land safely in Drifter's hands, either.
- He throws from a slightly underarm angle, but his pitches can reach 93 mph, an unusually high velocity for pitchers with that type of delivery.
- Ii'S clear from the history of cricket that bowling has gone through an evolution from underarm bowling to overarm bowling.
nounBack to top
A person’s armpit: [as modifier]: use an underarm deodorant
More example sentences
- The vogue extends to male triathletes, who wax their legs, underarms and chest to feel more streamlined.
- The therapist brushes your body briskly, back and front, concentrating on ankles, backs of knees, underarms and neck: areas where lymph nodes are densely packed.
- If you have dry or sensitive skin, use soap only on your face, underarms, and hands and feet.
Words that rhyme with underarmshort-arm
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan