another term for underhand (sense 2).
- And it wasn't some nice, looping, underarm throw that would have guaranteed the bottle would land safely in Drifter's hands, either.
- He throws from a slightly underarm angle, but his pitches can reach 93 mph, an unusually high velocity for pitchers with that type of delivery.
- Ii'S clear from the history of cricket that bowling has gone through an evolution from underarm bowling to overarm bowling.
A person’s armpit: [as modifier]: use an underarm deodorant
More example sentences
- The vogue extends to male triathletes, who wax their legs, underarms and chest to feel more streamlined.
- The therapist brushes your body briskly, back and front, concentrating on ankles, backs of knees, underarms and neck: areas where lymph nodes are densely packed.
- If you have dry or sensitive skin, use soap only on your face, underarms, and hands and feet.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.