- The lowest social stratum in a country or community, consisting of the poor and unemployed.More example sentences
- No city has succeeded when it has two spatially segregated underclasses.
- The two sections of society most damaged by the growing paralysis in social mobility are the lower middle class and the underclass at the bottom of the heap.
- Yet, the nouveau riche are vastly outnumbered by a huge underclass of desperately poor people.
More definitions of underclassDefinition of underclass in:
- The British & World English dictionary