- 1A layer of paint applied after the primer and before the topcoat.More example sentences
- First, they painted the stucco with a primer undercoat, then applied medium blue latex house paint.
- Use a special primer as an undercoat so that the paint will adhere better.
- They also make paints for wood or concrete floors and masonry as well as the requisite undercoat and primer paints.
- 2An animal’s underfur or down.More example sentences
- The dog weighs about sixty pounds with medium length fur and a thick undercoat and possesses an unusual physiological adaptation for work.
- Camel hair is from the extremely soft and fine fur from the undercoat of the camel.
- For a long hair retriever you should take off the undercoat, thin the hair but leave it long on top to achieve a sleek effect.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Apply a coat of undercoat to (something).More example sentences
- Jimmy sugar soaped the ceiling and walls in the front room and undercoated the window frame.
- But other extras, such as undercoating or fabric protection, are unnecessary and only add to your costs.
- Much thought and effort went into the mural, i.e., brushing, scraping and undercoating to the final draft.
More definitions of undercoatDefinition of undercoat in:
- The British & World English dictionary