- The crypt of a church.More example sentences
- The spatial result resembles a cathedral crypt or an undercroft, yet it is all above ground.
- Around three times as many people are now taking guided tours, and visiting the undercroft, treasury and crypt.
- It costs extra to visit the tower, undercroft and crypt, but concessionary admission remained unchanged at £3.
late Middle English: from under- + the rare term croft 'crypt', from Middle Dutch crofte 'cave', from Latin crypta.
More definitions of undercroftDefinition of undercroft in:
- The British & World English dictionary