1Not fully developed: underdeveloped kidneys the community services are underfunded and underdeveloped
More example sentences
- The old man watched her go, a slight underdeveloped girl, wearing a ragged pair of boys' shorts too big for her, a lustrous mop of untidy hair falling in glossy black waves almost to her bony shoulders.
- Some of the beats aren't bad, but there's just nothing exceptional about this album - no hooks and slightly underdeveloped voices - nothing really to keep you coming back.
- The real problem is tiny, underdeveloped lungs.
1.1(Of a country or region) not advanced economically.
- The burden of debt is made even worse when it is considered that the area is one of the most economically underdeveloped regions in South Africa.
- Citizens of economically underdeveloped countries typically have shorter life expectancies than do citizens of the developed countries.
- Typically, students are not taught about the global economy and the impact of free trade on underdeveloped countries.
- Example sentences
- There is also the unfair economic, trade and financial regimes that favour the developed world and in more than one way contribute to perpetuate the underdevelopment that plagues the region.
- A pledge for a better tomorrow, a commitment by leaders to liberate the continent from what they call a malaise of underdevelopment and exclusion.
- At the same time there was a naïve belief that the problem of underdevelopment and poverty would find an easy, if not an automatic, solution with the dawn of independence.
Words that rhyme with underdevelopedundeveloped
Definition of underdeveloped in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.