Fail to invest sufficient money or resources in a project or enterprise: we persistently underinvest in historic buildings
More example sentences
- First, highly variable cash flows imply that there will be periods when a firm will underinvest in worthwhile projects.
- In addition, health care has heavily underinvested in information technology compared with other enterprises.
- While further research is needed in every area, it is clear that the UK is currently underinvesting in interventions research.
- Example sentences
- In economics terms, there was substantial underinvestment, because the multiple beneficiaries of education meant that even those who could pay for it had a lower incentive to do so.
- The train system is a mess, as is the hospital and education system, due to years of underinvestment and a focus on managing perception rather than dealing with reality.
- In short, the document proposes that taxpayers should not be expected to pay for years of underinvestment in a way that is unfair and hits those least able to pay most.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of underinvest in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.