- Underclothes, especially those made of linen.More example sentences
- The woman leaning on the rail of her back porch, had caught her eye, and nodded, as it seemed to Saxon, half to her and half to the underlinen on the line.
- The petticoat had a dual role as both an underlinen and a structural garment.
- Women's costume consisted of underlinen, smock and petticoat, gown, ‘crosse cloths’, apron, neckerchief and coat.
More definitions of underlinenDefinition of underlinen in:
- The British & World English dictionary