Definition of undernourished in English:
Having insufficient food or other substances for good health and condition: undernourished children
More example sentences
- One in eight patients admitted to the region's hospitals is undernourished and their condition is ignored by doctors and nurses, according to new research.
- Her mother Anna was undernourished and food was scarce in Czechoslovakia.
- She was undernourished and she had never seen by a health visitor or a doctor.
- Example sentences
- A commonly used indicator of undernourishment is Body Mass Index.
- While standards of health improved in general, undernourishment and diseases associated with poverty like cholera and typhoid became a permanent presence.
- In the region, undernourishment and malnourishment were common, and the incidence of deficiency diseases reached staggering proportions.
Words that rhyme with undernourishedmalnourished
Definition of undernourished in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan