Having insufficient food or other substances for good health and condition: undernourished children
More example sentences
- One in eight patients admitted to the region's hospitals is undernourished and their condition is ignored by doctors and nurses, according to new research.
- Her mother Anna was undernourished and food was scarce in Czechoslovakia.
- She was undernourished and she had never seen by a health visitor or a doctor.
- Example sentences
- A commonly used indicator of undernourishment is Body Mass Index.
- While standards of health improved in general, undernourishment and diseases associated with poverty like cholera and typhoid became a permanent presence.
- In the region, undernourishment and malnourishment were common, and the incidence of deficiency diseases reached staggering proportions.
Words that rhyme with undernourishedmalnourished
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of undernourished in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.