noun• informal • dated
- An assistant or junior official.More example sentences
- Ben, who was Mr Cook's understrapper until yesterday afternoon, marched sombrely down the street.
- He is an understrapper; a sort of odd-job freelancer for the British intelligence agency, MI5.
- The English staff administering this territory seldom exceeds more than five or six officials, to carry out whose orders there exist a company of native clerks and a regiment of understrappers.
More definitions of understrapperDefinition of understrapper in:
- The British & World English dictionary