verb[with object] (usually be underwhelmed) • humorous
- Fail to impress or make a positive impact on (someone); disappoint: American voters seem underwhelmed by the choices for presidentMore example sentences
- It had been a year since the last time I ventured in, however, and when I ate here last month, I must confess I was underwhelmed by the experience.
- I get the distinct impression Adam wanted me to be elated; I'm underwhelmed.
- I was rather underwhelmed by his responses, and disappointed that I didn't feel more challenged.
1950s: suggested by overwhelm.
More definitions of underwhelmDefinition of underwhelm in:
- The British & World English dictionary