Definition of undesigned in English:
- A second important type of confirming instance is an unexpected result which indicates that a law or theory has an undesigned scope.
- The proof which these furnish is always the more satisfactory, the more manifest it is that the coincidence was undesigned.
- But, the undesigned length of the preceding remarks renders it necessary to omit them, and conclude with a brief improvement.
1.1Arising from causes other than design: undesigned buildings
More example sentences
- An uncaused, undesigned emergence of the universe from nothing violates no principle of physics.
- The philosophy was that good typographic principals were so universal that they could transform even something "undesigned" like Courier.
- Why does the universe seem perfectly intelligible to the atheist as an undesigned mechanism governed solely by natural, impersonal forces?
- undesignedly adverb
- Example sentences
- It was horrible to think that I had provided the weapon, however undesignedly, but I could hardly think otherwise.
Words that rhyme with undesignedaffined, behind, bind, blind, find, hind, humankind, interwind, kind, mankind, mind, nonaligned, resigned, rind, unaligned, unassigned, unconfined, undefined, undersigned, unlined, unrefined, unsigned, wynd
Definition of undesigned in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.