Being or appearing insensitive and tactless.
More example sentences
- In a most undiplomatic manner, he grabbed all the papers from the twins and stuffed them back inside the bag.
- In another subsequent speech he said, ‘Some worry that it is somehow undiplomatic or impolite to speak the language of right and wrong.’
- It's nice to see that what was once considered to be an impolite and undiplomatic term has now been so widely accepted by its targets.
- More example sentences
- One Australian, who asked not to be named, undiplomatically commented: ‘We are so used to these stiff upper lip Brits, but she is a bit like the Irish president who has a bit of character.’
- ‘They don't,’ I replied, perhaps a bit undiplomatically.
- ‘If we can show we can do it in what is effectively a Third World country,’ he said, perhaps a little undiplomatically, ‘we can do it it anywhere’.
Definition of undiplomatic in:
- The British & World English dictionary