Definition of undulant in English:
Having a rising and falling motion or appearance like that of waves; undulating.
- Untreated, the fever becomes undulant (up for weeks and gone for weeks), patients spend three months in the hospital and 2% die.
- I fin out into the undulant, pellucid sea to ‘just look.’
- The tablets have the same dimensions, the same undulant surfaces and similar colors, but they are entirely different in tactility and visual weight.
- 1undulance noun
- Example sentences
- Still, the performances were admirable for their lilting rhythmic undulance and sensitivity.
- The undulance is more remarkable on a back and torso.
Mid 19th century: from Latin undulant- 'moving like a wave', from the verb undulare.
Definition of undulant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.