1(Of a thought or feeling) not communicated or made known: he thought it best to leave his doubts unexpressed
More example sentences
- One of the many scandalous realities we choose to ignore because we cannot assimilate it is the fact of unexpressed thought.
- Write down your feelings and unexpressed thoughts - the ones the breakup left you with and the ones you never told her about when you were friends.
- When you first allow your child to have full tantrums, she may have quite a few, because you've opened the doors to a storehouse full of unexpressed feelings.
1.1 Genetics (Of a gene) not appearing in a phenotype.
- We note that correction could occur between a highly expressed gene and an unexpressed pseudogene.
- Consequently, it is impossible to determine how selection would have acted on unexpressed alternative phenotypes in that environment.
- Indeed, if sequence divergence decreases hybridization signal, these genes should have more frequently appeared overexpressed than unexpressed.
Words that rhyme with unexpressedabreast, arrest, attest, beau geste, behest, bequest, best, blessed, blest, breast, Brest, Bucharest, Budapest, celeste, chest, contest, crest, digest, divest, guest, hest, infest, ingest, jest, lest, Midwest, molest, nest, northwest, pest, prestressed, protest, quest, rest, self-addressed, self-confessed, self-possessed, southwest, suggest, test, Trieste, unaddressed, unimpressed, unpressed, unstressed, vest, west, wrest, zest
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of unexpressed in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.