- 1(Of a bird) not yet fledged.More example sentences
- I first detected an unfledged Sandhill Crane chick, with two adults, on 5 July 2000.
- His observations revealed that Foula's sheep target unfledged Arctic terns.
- After the young had fledged, we sieved the nests contents to look for unfledged young.
- 1.1(Of a person) inexperienced; youthful.More example sentences
- The satire of Circumstance is another of Hardy's wry puttings-down of Authority, with unfledged children as the instruments of execution.
- In my own discipline, chemistry, I see lecture classes of several hundreds, followed by smaller laboratory sections taught by unfledged graduate assistants.
- Paul will be responsible for all in-house comedy and entertainment programmes on BBC national radio, from established favourites such as Just A Minute to developing the talents of unfledged performers and writers.
More definitions of unfledgedDefinition of unfledged in:
- The British & World English dictionary