Definition of unfocused in English:
1(Of a person or their eyes) not seeing clearly; appearing glazed or expressionless.
- Bearded and black-capped, he avoids our gaze with unfocused eyes.
- Rob rushes up to her as she gazes at him with unfocused eyes.
- Jack's eyes were unfocused, his gaze tossed onto a random spot on the wall.
1.3(Of an object of vision) not in focus; indistinct.
- The only misstep in the film is the cinematography, which is fuzzy, often unfocused and fails to take best advantage of the rich natural scenery.
- Due to the slight blur of the line, these images are slightly unfocused and appear more impressionistic since colors and details flow evenly together.
- He sighed and let his lids flutter open, icy blue depths meeting an unfocused cloudless sky blue.
1.4(Of feelings or plans) without a specific aim or direction: my aspirations to write history were real but unfocused
More example sentences
- His rage was unfocused and undirected, and as such he was forcing it to stay inside, if nothing else, to save his composure.
- I swung from blind happiness to almost incandescent, unfocused rage within a second, almost before I had a chance to think about it.
- He delivers emotions other than dull gloominess and unfocused anger, and he does it in style.
Words that rhyme with unfocusedlocust
Definition of unfocused in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan