Definition of unfree in English:
Deprived or devoid of liberty.
- Another form of unfree labour was deployed in colonised Australia.
- The act instructs American ambassadors and embassy staffs to draw up democracy transition plans for unfree regimes, with input from nonviolent opposition movements in the various countries.
- The triangular slave trade had begun to supply these Atlantic colonies with unfree African labour, for work on tobacco, rice and sugar plantations.
- Example sentences
- The best resistance we can offer to the agents of unfreedom is to go on having free, vibrant, open societies.
- So he knew at firsthand the humiliating unfreedom that comes from poverty.
- Freedom is hard to define, let alone achieve, but those who are unfree know exactly what unfreedom is.
Definition of unfree in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan