Definition of ungrounded in English:
1Having no basis or justification; unfounded: ungrounded fears
More example sentences
- Nothing is truly comparable to this Russian holiday based on unfounded expectations and ungrounded hopes culminating in one night of absolute happiness.
- The exclamation mark suggests her fear is ungrounded, but the grandfather's answer is emphatic and direct.
- He then proceeded, with carefully chosen facts and figures, to argue quite persuasively that all of these fears are ungrounded.
2Not electrically grounded.
- A 30-year-old employee in an elevated basket came in contact with an ungrounded incoming power line energized by induced voltage from a nearby conductor.
- During the subsequent refueling from a Naval fuel dump at that location, an electrical spark jumped from the ungrounded bilge pump to the fuel on the trailing edge of the wing, causing the edge and both ailerons to be destroyed.
- Isolated, ungrounded power systems may allow leakage currents, also known as hazard currents, to flow from the power system to the ground.
Definition of ungrounded in:
- British & World English dictionary