- A hoofed mammal. See also even-toed ungulate, odd-toed ungulate.More example sentences
- Feeding mainly on small ungulates - roe deer, chamois and musk deer - lynx are capable of killing prey three to four times their own size, and in some parts of their range, they take large ungulates, including red deer and reindeer.
- This group of ungulates includes horses, tapirs, and rhinos.
- The taxa in this study vary in both size and degree of specialization; prey type ranges from the birds and lizards of small cats and mustelids to the larger ungulates favored by big cats.
early 19th century: from late Latin ungulatus, from Latin ungula 'hoof'.
More definitions of ungulateDefinition of ungulate in:
- The British & World English dictionary