- Uncanny; weird.More example sentences
- Freud's believed that what we find the most eerie or scary originates not from the exotic or foreign, but from what was originally familiar then repressed and subsequently remanifested in an uncanny / unheimlich guise.
- This holds such an uncanny familiarity, or unheimlich recognition (to get into the spirit of things), they could have been reading the Flea's diary.
- A psychoanalytic reading suggests that horror movies play on our individual nightmares, and specifically our fear of death and dissolution, which Freud called unheimlich or uncanny.
More definitions of unheimlichDefinition of unheimlich in:
- The British & World English dictionary