Definition of uniaxial in English:
1Having or relating to a single axis.
- Thus, the cupule is a simple uniaxial structure.
- For decades, extensibility has also been used to denote the relative or absolute uniaxial extension of pieces of excised tissue per unit of uniaxial force, applied externally to the tissue, without consideration of a force threshold.
- In uniaxial systems, traffic jams cannot be avoided as one increases the number of motors involved in the cargo transport.
1.1(Of crystals) having one optic axis, as in the hexagonal, trigonal, and tetragonal systems.
- We have used it in reflection mode to determine the optical functions of uniaxial crystals.
Definition of uniaxial in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.