- 1(Of an action or decision) performed by or affecting only one person, group, or country involved in a particular situation, without the agreement of another or the others: unilateral nuclear disarmamentMore example sentences
- Workers on both the admin and examining side of the department were angry about this unilateral decision without consultation.
- Well, that's a unilateral decision as to how the Geneva Conventions are going to be interpreted.
- Divorce can be by mutual consent or at the initiative of the wife and by the unilateral decision of the husband.
- 2Relating to, occurring on, or affecting only one side of an organ or structure, or of the body.More example sentences
- This item is aimed at examining the patient for evidence of a unilateral cerebellar lesion.
- Temporal bone fractures can cause unilateral sensorineural and conductive hearing loss.
- Medical opinion on the effects of unilateral cryptorchidism has changed.
- More example sentences
- And if we unilaterally deploy that system, we could very well be at a greater danger.
- It is much more willing to contemplate the use of force in human affairs, even unilaterally, and much more wary of treaties than its allies.
- The plan makes it clear the US is ready to act unilaterally, without any outside assistance, to achieve its objective.