Conducted in, concerned with, or speaking only one language.
More example sentences
- Rather it exists as a continuum, from long-established unilingual anglophones broadly similar to anglophones in Ontario through bilinguals of various kinds to francophones using English as a second language.
- It would also help unilingual francophones to function as unilinguals outside of Quebec, in so far as official bilingualism insures provision of government services in French.
- Thus, twenty-five out of thirty-six of the European countries are officially unilingual.
- More example sentences
- He is unilingually English, but his gifts of compromise and persuasion (according to him) will at least give his ideas some prominence.
- Quebec is officially French and all other provinces and territories in Canada are unilingually English.
- The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Definition of unilingual in:
- The British & World English dictionary