1(Of a commitment or undertaking) not honored or fulfilled: unkept appointments and broken promises
More example sentences
- But what is often felt instead is what we view as the broken confidence, the unkept promise, the lack of support.
- After one particularly harsh winter and many unkept promises from the U.S. Government, Cornplanter was forced to sell his tract of land along the mouth of Oil Creek in 1818.
- I lived there for 5 years before being lured away by the unkept promises of London.
2Not tidy or cared for.
- She could make out a small, unkept lawn to its side, circled by a broken, wiry fence.
- I looked hot, lounging between the guy with the cut-just-so shaggy hair, placed around his head to give the impression of being unkept, and the girl in the 50-dollar hippie skirt.
- We're surrounded by families with kids in every direction so I no longer feel shame for wearing my trackies and having unkept hair at three (ok six) in the pm.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of unkept in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.