Not conforming to, permitted by, or recognized by law or rules: the use of unlawful violence they claimed the ban was unlawful
More example sentences
- Each of the people who uses or threatens unlawful violence will be guilty of the offence.
- The House of Lords had to determine whether the rule amounted to such unlawful discrimination.
- If malice aforethought is lacking the unlawful homicide will be manslaughter.
- Example sentences
- It may, your Honour, but we would put it in terms of once you have reached that point, you are identifying unlawfulness and not merely judicial perception of abuse.
- Only if there was no intent and no negligence as to the unlawfulness, is the accused not liable criminally.
- It did not matter that neither party could enforce the unlawfulness by independent cause of action.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.