Definition of unpressurized in English:
1(Of a gas or its container) not having raised pressure that is produced or maintained artificially.
- Past studies failed to show a therapeutic difference between hyperbaric and unpressurized oxygen therapy.
- Plants under balancing pressure grew faster than unpressurized plants during the photoperiod of day 3, but slower during the dark period of day 4.
- It was generally observed that roots responded to applied pressure more rapidly if they had first become established in unpressurized medium for 36 h. Thus this initial period of establishment was used in all experiments.
1.1(Of an aircraft cabin) not having normal atmospheric pressure maintained at a high altitude.
- At high altitudes in an unpressurized cabin, pilots and passengers will eventually fall unconscious from lack of oxygen, or worse.
- The flying boats carried some thirty people in an unpressurised cabin.
- P - 38's had unpressurized cabins, so pilots wore oxygen masks.
Definition of unpressurized in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.