Definition of unprotected in English:
1Not protected or kept safe from harm or injury: a high, unprotected plateau health care workers remained unprotected against hepatitis B infection
More example sentences
- The elves were unarmed and unprotected against the men, who appeared to bear the battle marks that the men of Orslic had worn during the War of Boundaries.
- Nearly half the homes here have been levelled leaving survivors unprotected against the soaring heat of the day and near-freezing mountain temperatures at night.
- Anger is her only emotional resource in conflict and it leaves her totally unprotected against other people and herself most of all.
1.1(Of a dangerous machine or mechanism) not fitted with safety guards.
- People working in heavy industry are also exposed to risk from chemicals and unprotected machinery.
- Thieves can easily escape with their costly alloy wheels and premium radial tyres, which are unprotected.
- Poor internal wiring, unprotected electrical connections between the parts may lead to electrocution if the toasters is opened for repairs while the current is on.
1.2(Of sex) engaged in without a condom.
- This was followed by assessment of intentions, thoughts, and attitudes about engaging in unprotected sexual intercourse with the woman in the film.
- Finally, engaging in unprotected sexual intercourse puts women at risk not only for STDs including HIV but also for unintended pregnancy.
- The most obvious measure of sexual risk taking - frequency of unprotected sexual intercourse - correlated with SIS2.
1.3 Computing (Of data or a memory location) able to be accessed or used without restriction.
- At some point, while poking around on that server, he found an unprotected file containing encrypted passwords.
- The effect on unprotected sites can be devastating.
- Those tracks are unprotected in order to allow the CD to be played on video game systems and DVD players.
Words that rhyme with unprotectedaspected, disaffected, disconnected, invected, unaffected, uncollected, unconnected, uncorrected, undetected, undirected, unelected, unexpected, uninflected, unselected, unsuspected
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.