Not able to be relied upon: he’s lazy and unreliable unreliable information
More example sentences
- Research has shown, however, that recall is unreliable and rife with inaccuracies and biases.
- What a pity that Ms Evans' information comes from such an unreliable source.
- Such knowledge as management did possess was vague or unreliable and seldom committed to writing.
undependable, untrustworthy, irresponsible, fickle, fair-weather, capricious, erratic, unpredictable, inconstant, faithless, temperamental
questionable, open to doubt, doubtful, dubious, suspect, unsound, tenuous, uncertain, fallible;
risky, chancy, inaccurate
informal iffy, dicey
- Example sentences
- The average wind turbine produces less electricity in a year than the average family car: they produce high - cost electricity unreliably.
- But another part of me likes having a backup network, one that I can reach, if unreliably, from across the street.
- Miller is a first-rate intellectual but an unreliably quirky, quixotically overcerebral, hit-or-miss director.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.