Definition of unreligious in English:
1Indifferent or hostile to religion.
- Well the interesting thing about the Marquis de Sade of course, is that his world is littered with Cardinals and Priests and Abbes, so it's not completely unreligious.
- Probably it would be the most unreligious person in the village who would come forward to kill the tiger.
- You might be Wiccan or Pagan, either that or you're unreligious.
1.1Not connected with religion.
- The genial tone and resolutely unreligious perspective do, however, produce a certain leveling effect.
- An important characteristic of the carvings is that they include many unreligious moral stories besides sculptures of the Buddha.
- He argues that "the new art is condemned precisely because it is unreligious and an example of a pagan life-attitude which will ultimately compete with the Christian".
Definition of unreligious in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan