Definition of unruffled in English:
1Not disordered or disarranged: the unruffled waters of the lake
More example sentences
- The high tide and its fish-filled waters lured the grey seal into Arnside bay where it feasted in the shallow water unruffled by the gathering crowds.
- Could I aspire to become a 21st Century Nick, as I looked at the unruffled picture post card water?
- The chain hung straight down from the chock of the bowsprit and although our flags above flickered in the breeze, the water lay unruffled.
1.1(Of a person) not agitated or disturbed; calm.
- I was not aware of any restrictions and so unaware, had a good time unruffled and blithely went on working.
- She remained unruffled, and was similarly nonchalant about the the recent disclosure on the Internet of the true age of a large group of actresses, revealing her to be an old maid.
- ‘The heart still races,’ he insisted, although it has to be said that the great man looked as serenely unruffled by the prospect as ever.