verb (unsays, unsaying; past and past participle unsaid)[with object]
- Withdraw or retract (a statement).More example sentences
- Despite much mature retrospection, I can't unsay those mean comments to Mom, undo what 18 years of smoking did to my lungs, nor unwrite the cringe-inducing history of my high school social life.
- I realised that I could get away with unsaying those words.
- Because once everything's been said about a subject what is left for new writers but the pleasure of unsaying it all?
More definitions of unsayDefinition of unsay in:
- The British & World English dictionary