Definition of unschooled in English:
1.1Lacking knowledge or training in a particular field: she was unschooled in the niceties of royal behavior
More example sentences
- Meaning, of course, that he wasn't anything like the Real Thing, but when I was young and unschooled in the ways of the world, he seemed near enough to me, damn it.
- Although unschooled in theory, he was a competent tactician and strategist.
- He was as unschooled in covert action as his Embassy counterparts, but was more innovative and seemingly inexhaustible.
1.2Not affected or artificial; natural and spontaneous.
- Of equal, if not greater, importance to his identification as American was the very different image summoned by West's youth in Pennsylvania: the artist as unschooled, natural talent.
- Furthermore, unschooled pragmatism tends to set aside questions of due process, or of rights.
- ‘Every Breath is a Bomb’ opens with an ambient clutter that gives way to unschooled yelping over a sinister keyboard and errant drum hits.
Words that rhyme with unschooledGould
Definition of unschooled in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan